Thursday, April 2, 2009

The fairer sex not so fair

My co-passenger, a woman, was a friend of one of the flight crews. That got her free booze, a gift pouch and visits from flight attendants who wanted to make sure her journey was comfortable. One of them expressed their horrors that a co-worker had the nerve to reseat a traumatize baby next to her. I don't know why, but I apologized. But I also made up my mind about wanting the
bassinet seat back. With a sleeping baby in arm, I tried grabbing the attendants' attention. After being ignored three times, and told twice that I would have to do it on my own, I pled my case to the two male passengers. They had given my seat away to an elderly aunty, who needed her legs propped because of a knee surgery. The men obliged. One of them had a left a 10-month baby in Virginia and said he felt my pain. He helped carry my stuff from the old seat and got me set up. Despite repeated requests I didn't get dinner. The bassinet came hours later. But befor I could fit Ahan in or ask for instructions on how to use it, they left. Of course Ahan didn't fit into it, and spend the rest of the journey sleeping on mamma's lap. Note to self, never travel Continental with a baby unless you've befriended one of the crew members.
P.S. a flight atendant looked at me af if I were a dunce for giving up my seat for nursing. "Why didn't you go to the bathroom to nurse?" she asked. "People do it there all the time."
Reallly? During take off?

No comments:

Post a Comment