Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home is where the good stuff is

It's been a tradition since I left home. My second day home is when maa sends me to what she calls the "cleaners".
She did the same this time. Except they came to me. Two girls were called in for the pampering show. I spent the whole day getting head and body massages, facial, pedicure, waxing, threading and all the good stuff. The bill? $11 including tip. How cool is that?
I saw Ahan only when he wanted to nurse. He loves the driver who calls him Baba and speaks to him in Hindi. I think he understands Hindi more than English, Assamese or ASL. Ahan hardly ate anything yesterday. Maa thought he needed a good Indian meal. He thought otherwise. In the evening we scurried a market frequented by foreigners, and bought some avocados and cheese. I finally saw him smile at dinner time when he saw his favorite food.

No comments:

Post a Comment