Sunday, April 12, 2009

Zorro our hero


Ahan's surrogate mom/dad is a beautiful golden lab named Zorro. We are at my mom's these days waiting for his cold and jetlag to vamoose before moving to the in-laws. I digress, but full-body massages here are $2 (including tip). Yea, I am getting one done everyday, while Ahan hangs out with his new friends. My parents have five labs. He's closest to two: Tintin, the youngest is a ball of energy and Zorro, the mature, protective one, who's ready to attack anyone who comes near the baby. They have developed their own means of communication. Add another one to my son's growing list of languages: assamese, english, asl, bihari and now labarking. Ahan and Zorro bark back and forth softly. Ahan is rough with Zorro, sticking his fist into the two-year old's mouth, trying to pull out his nose and raking his nails into Zorro's belly. I think Zorro tolerates it all in anticipation of the Rs. 550 Monterey Jack cheese that we ferried in an ice case all the way from Delhi, which Ahan generously doles out to his friend at lunch time. Bedtimes are rough for both. Ahan protests vigorously, and Zorro joins in banging the bedroom door and barking up a storm. They work in tandem. When Ahan was really sick two nights ago, Zorro wouldn't budge from his side. This morning, he barked and alerted me to Ahan's rising temperature.
I am hoping to post videos of the two and their lovefest soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I finally remembered your blog and read the whole thing:) I am so glad you posted all these...

    Hope the prince is feeling much better by now...
    You should definitely post a video of Ahan & Zorro:))

    ReplyDelete